Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flight Over

I don't really know why it happens but I swear, sitting in an airplane for several hours feels like its almost more draining than playing an hour and a half straight of a soccer game. The flight over wasn't exactly my cup of tea, whatwith having to be in a plane for about 20 hours, but I'm finally here! I met some cool people on the plane. There were these two Jewish Mexican guys around my age who asked me to sign a wedding card (in Japanese) to their cousin who was getting married in Israel. I think they wanted to get as many different languages on it as possible, which is a cool idea.

I spent the majority (or that may be wishful thinking) of the flights sleeping and there weren't as many movies shown as I remember. And of course they were all G-rated, but I'm a fan of Pixar so I really shouldn't complain. Note to Dad: You're right about me and my inability to judge bad movies. I sat through literally an hour and a half of this horrible movie called Shorts. Never again.

So I took a taxi to my dorm and am actually pretty impressed by the living situation. I was half-expecting it to be less nice and though it is a little small (I share it with one other person) we have our own bathroom, several closets, and we each have a desk. This place has IKEA written all over it (both figuratively and actually) but its nice, a little drafty, but that can totally be dealt with after I buy a heavier blanket.



I'm thinking that as of now I'm going to take a little siesta time (gotta love the way the Spanish live their everyday lives) and then I'm hanging out with friends tonight. This bodes pretty well for the rest of the semester. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment