Sunday, January 10, 2010

Parc Guell!

Ahhhh what a BEAUTIFUL....park? I don't really know how else to describe it. For those who do not know what Parc Guell is, it is a park that was constructed by Antoni Gaudi, one of the most famous architects of all time (well, I consider him as such anyway). He was commissioned by Eusebi Guell to create a park that was both intricate, yet mimicking nature. I only know this because I wrote a research paper on him this past semester, but it was amazing and even though it isn't exactly 'nature', its beautiful. And it was actually a really nice day. Its been pretty cold here so far and its been gray and overcast the past few days, but today it was sunny (albeit still a bit cold). We were only able to be there for about an hour and a half because we didn't get there until around 4:30 (because we're still trying to figure out the bus system) and the park closed at 6, but we were able to meet with a girl and her friend who I met on the airplane on my flight over and it was pretty fun being able to hang out in a big group.

We went back to Placa Catalunya afterwards and got a bit of food in Las Ramblas and some people had paella. So GOOD. All in all it was a really fun day. I'll put up some pictures, but here's a video that I took.

1 comment:

  1. It is SO cool to see you in Barcelona and experiencing a whole new world! Shae and I had a great time there and it was much more laid back than Madrid. The pictures and blogs are great! Have tons of fun and make the most of your time there!

    ReplyDelete